The things of my head.

Thursday 10 March 2016


Ok, so I know that this isn’t all that new, but ever since I listened to this for the first time, it bounces around my head with recurring regularity, it creeps into my spine out of nowhere and jitters me, and every time I hear this track, it just slayz, it slayz without exception. The early section lurches in like from distant passageways, full of strange echoes and digital bells tolling. The beat pulses with such heat that it spirals up to the ceiling and unfolds like its own microclimate, like a warm dense mist. This song has everything in its corner, “Stinking of Issey Miyake, dark rum and the marijuana” is an amazing first line to set up an atmosphere of controlled menace perfectly, and the deep vocals pull that vibe further down, bubbling with a kind of hypnotism, as though you’re being beckoned into a trance, disembowelled, and having your future divined from your spilt entrails while you stare off into the middle distance, body swaying uncontrollably with the hard rhythm of boiling, thumping bass. This track is like an incantation, calling the sky down, asking for darkness. This is the throwing down of a gauntlet so heavy that no one could possibly pick it up, it just lies there, sinking further and further into the wet ground. The break in the middle of the song brings the nocturnal essence of the track back into full focus, like the vocals just appear out of a sleep fog, and when the short fast bars come, growls lying behind them with the provocative “and what?” mantra, it’s like a faceless manifestation of your ego bursting from a dream and attacking you with scissors. Like I said, it slayz, all day, every day, it lays waste to dominions and principalities, it reverberates long and loud across scorched earth. This scares my friends. It’s the kind of track I can imagine crawling on my belly in the dirt to, pulling myself prostrate from end to end of a vast subterranean kingdom, vipers snapping at my heels. It’s unapologetic and tough and it’s a steep drop at the end of a long night; as stylish a fall out you could ever hope for.

IM.

This music is awesome, you should buy it here and check out their website.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.